Relatable


                                                                            Relatable
             
 One book that I chose to read was 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher. I noticed how popular the show was and I figured I should read the book before I watch the show. I got really intrigued with this book. It was 288 pages and I read it in about a week and a half. I learned lots of life lessons while reading. I am going to challenge myself to read more books like this, books that do way more then just tell a story.
      13 Reasons why is a book about a girl named Hannah. She commits suicide and she records 13 cassette tapes explaining 13 different reasons why she made this decision. She was affected with many things like rumors, sexual abuse, temptations, etc. As I was reading one quote really stood out to me, "You don't know what goes on in anyone's life but your own. And when you mess with one part of a person's life, you're not just messing with that part. Unfortunately you can be that precise and selective. When you mess with one part of a person's life, you're messing with their entire life." (201) This quote stood out to me because it really digs deeper into the meaning of why this book was written. It shows how much one person can effect someone else's life without knowing. In my opinion, this quote enhances the overall theme of the book.
    This quote also stands out to me because it relates so much to not only my life, but others lives too. Everyone deals with these kinds of issues that Hannah does and you can choose how to deal with it. You can be strong minded or might even be weak minded like Hannah, but either way if these hurtful things or actions don't happen at all then no ones lives are messed with. This quote makes the readers aware of how much words can hurt. Even if you say the littlest thing in your mind, it could mean the world in someone else's.
             

Comments

  1. I have also read the book and watched the tv show. I really like the quote you chose and felt like it represents the book well. What was better to you, the book or the show?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Read More!!!

It is what it is.